Falaknuma Palace is situated on hill 650 meters in height, in the southern part of Old City of Hyderabad, India. It was built by the Paigah, Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra. It was purchased by the then Nizam VI during 1897 for use as a royal guest house, and its hospitality became unmatched during the heyday. The palace provides a good view of Hyderabad.
The palace is spread out in a scorpion shape with two pincers spread out as wings on the north. The middle part occupies the main building. The Harem quarters and the kitchen stretch towards the south.
The palace was designed by an Italian architect in western style, and took 9 years for construction, and is completely built with Italian Marble. The foundation stone was laid on 3rd March, 1884.